Frequently Asked Questions

You Have Questions? We Have Answers

Our state of the art Laser Hair Removal machine, Candela Gentle Max Pro, can safely and effectively treat any skin type. Almost everyone is a candidate, except people with white or very blonde hair. Medical conditions as well as medications are also taken into consideration. Our expert technician and physician will go over in details on what makes a person a good candidate during the initial Laser Hair Removal consultation.
An average of 6 to 10 Laser Hair Removal Treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart are necessary to achieve satisfactory results. Most patients see significant results after just one Hair Removal session. Results vary from person to person, depending on the area treated, color of the hair, thickness of the hair, ethnicity , hormonal imbalances.
Nearly any area can be treated, with the exception of the orbital rim of the eye.
The level of discomfort that stems with laser hair removal varies greatly from person to person. Thickness and density of hair, body area treated and threshold for pain are all key factors. Most of people would describe the sensation of the laser as a hot rubber band being snapped against the skin.
No downtime; right after the Hair Removal Treatment, patients may return to their regular activities. We strongly encourage keeping the area treated away from direct sun exposure.
Laser Hair Removal is best referred to as “permanent hair reduction”. After completing the recommended series of treatments, a 80% to 90% hair reduction is to be expected. The remaining 10%-20% of hair will be significantly finer and lighter in color. Maintenance sessions may be required after completing the initial treatment protocol. (1-2 visits per year)
Ideally, you will stay away from the sun as much as possible. Tanning is not recommended. Laser targets the melanin in roots of the hair to kill the hair follicle, when we tan we increasing the amount of melanin in the skin, this will create a situation of competition for light absorption between hair and skin.
Your first visit will consist of a consultation with our laser technician. First, The technician will determine whether a person is a good candidate for the procedure, then expectations and results will be discussed It’s very important that you stop waxing, plucking or threading at least 2 weeks before your appointment. We mainly need your skin to be clean shaved on the day of the treatment and free of any skin products.